Saturday, January 26, 2013

The end.

No one can prepare you. No time can make it better. Nothing can make it easier.

I broke down today for the first time. Upon entering Goose's room and seeing her current status, I had to excuse myself to the bathroom and take a moment to compose my emotions. When mom saw me crying she knew that must mean the end is near and it's apparent.

Although much of her words are gibberish at this point she managed to ask for grandpa Doc's picture and clenched it in her hands. Next she reached for a picture of Colton. I've realized I can no longer control my emotions. Being strong is no longer an option.

Hospice told me she had less than a week. I then had to relay that message to mother and with tears in her eyes she said she would tell Goose it was okay for her to go home.

As her brother walked into the room I couldn't help but put myself in his shoes. If the roles were different and if it was Chad visiting me at that stage in my life. Overwhelmed with emotions I became speechless while listening to mom and uncle Bob tell stories and reminisce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.