Monday, January 7, 2013

How are you?

“Every day a holiday, every meal a feast,” a co-worker responded as I greeted him with the mechanical question, “how are you?”

His creative and unique response left me to ponder. Every day a holiday, every meal a feast, he is enjoying life to the fullest. The literal part of my brain tries to decipher the fact that if I were working and waking up at 5 am on a holiday, it wouldn’t be much of a holiday. I must however throw out that side of my thought process and ponder upon the symbolic meaning behind that simple phrase. What keeps me from treating every day like a holiday, because I am pretty sure I do treat every meal as a feast, or at least the scale would reflect that.

I did however wake up at 5 am with full intentions on going to the gym however the thought process of, “I will go tomorrow,” won over. Unfortunately I was unable to go back to sleep and after wrestling in the bed for an hour I realized that I should have just gone to the gym. This mind over matter thing is really getting in the way of my Mormon one-piece body. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.