Friday, January 18, 2013

Lights.

Growing up whenever the lights would go on or off in the house mom would always say that it was grandpa. Grandpa died when I was 2 years old so I don't have any memories of him but I sure as heck know that when lights randomly turn on, we think of him.

Last night I drove up to see Goose and as I walked in the door, mom was sitting in the bed with her cuddling and crying. I could tell that things are finally hitting her. We switched spots and I laid in bed with Goose, brushing her hair and rubbing her arm. While talking with mom, all of the sudden the light went completely dim. Mom and I looked at each other and said, "grandpa is here." We somewhat joked and talked about him while I asked Goose if grandpa was there, she nodded and said yes but then again she has been saying yes to many things lately. Mom went to replace the lightbulb but became side tracked by something else and we found ourselves going through Goose's jewelry when all of a sudden the light went fully bright again. I looked at mom and asked if she had replaced the bulb, she responded no and silence filled the room. Mom then looked at me and said, "I prayed today and talked to dad, I asked if he would be there when she passes," as she said this we both laughed and cried. "He sure knows how to give us a sign." It's starting to sink in and it's getting more difficult. Every night I prepare myself and every morning I cringe when I call the nursing station as I'm afraid to hear what they may say.

For now, I'm grateful I had another day to tell her I love her and to have her say, "a bushel and a peck..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.