Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Attitude.

"So much in life depends on our attitude. The way we choose to see things and respond to others makes all the difference. To do the best we can and then to choose to be happy about our circumstances, whatever they may be, can bring peace and contentment."
—Thomas S. Monson, "Living the Abundance Life", Liahona and Ensign, January 2012

A coworker asked me yesterday what my goals were for 2013, I responded, "to be happier." He said, "were you not happy last year," to which I replied, "I was, but I feel that we can always be happier. We can't choose what happens in life but we can choose our attitude toward things."

Our attitude reflects our happiness and no one wants to be around the person that is constantly complaining, never making changes, and has a negative outlook. I've been guilty myself of saying, "I'll be happier when ... happens," or some form of that statement but I feel that can be compared to the money analogy; if you are stupid with your money when you're poor, you're going to be stupid with your money when you're rich. If you're unhappy because things aren't perfect in your life, you're always going to find something to be unhappy about.

I know the gospel makes me happy, no matter how many crappy lemons I've had thrown at me. And of course I can't forget rainbow sprinkles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.