Thursday, January 10, 2013

Marathon.

While sitting at work yesterday with 60 minutes left on the clock until I'd be ready to leave, I made a post on my Facebook status stating, "The last hour of work is like the last .2 miles of a marathon."

A marathon is 26.2 miles and I vividly remember the first marathon I ran in 2006 and the mind over matter fight that occurs near the end. You've already accomplished so much, you've ran 26 miles and the thought of having to run .2 miles to the finish line seems unbearable.

Needless to say, my mind started thinking about marathons and I came across the list of all California marathons throughout 2013. The marathon I've always wanted to do because of the beautiful scenery was listed but to my dismay was sold out. It's at the end of April and already sold out! Luckily there was a charity option to raise money and get in that way. So, I've applied to run for a cause, children with cancer. Running for a cause makes it that much more exciting anyway. Training mode shall commence.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.