Saturday, January 5, 2013

Always Right.

Have you ever encountered that person that is never wrong? The person that you can never tell a story or claim any valid point without them countering it, even when you have first-hand experience? My mother's good friend Bob is that person to a T.

While headed to pick Goose up from the hospital and take her back to her place, I had the most dreadful and annoying 45 minute car ride. I couldn't tell any story without him having to add his two cents from the peanut gallery. Nothing I said or did was right and although I held my tongue for him, I don't have to do that on my blog! I've never realized how a man can tune people out until being around Bob. He talks so much that I have to fade his conversation out of my head in order to think clearly. Some people talk just to hear their voice, I on the other hand enjoy silence. I have a rule that before I marry someone they have to pass the, "road trip test," which means we have to be able to ride in the car together and to enjoy each others company without constantly talking. I suppose since I'm not marrying Bob, this test is out the door.

Mom and Bob dated when she was probably 20 years old and she claims he was never like that. I fear the babbling mouth syndrome that I may encounter as I age and pray that's one thing I don't get.

I was more than thrilled to see Goose, partially just to get out of the car, even though she's not much entertainment and doesn't hold a long conversation, just being around her makes me happy.

"Can you scratch my back," she stated as I sat down next to her. I brushed her hair and scratched her back and thought about the simple joys in life.

Me: "I love you Goose."
Goose: "A bushel and a peck..."
Me: "And a hug around the neck."

She's said those words to me for the last 30 years. Those words make me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.