Sunday, January 13, 2013

3-4 Years.

You know when you stop and have an, "I told you so moment?" Or a brief flash comes before your eyes when you smile because you know you're right about something? Well, that happened tonight.

While at a family party tonight my mom was talking about me to my aunt when she said, "in the last 3-4 years you've changed, you're more loving and more patient." My interior dialog went off in my brain, "oh you mean, since I've been Mormon?" (Since I was baptized 4 years ago.) It is funny to me how people never can look at the positive when faced head on with a question (my mother seems to not like the church, she can't tell you WHY, she just doesn't like the church). However, the fruits of the church have directly affected me and my character and THAT is something my mother has observed. It is also something she would never associate with the church.

Baby steps. One day :)

She gave me Goose's ring today, the ring I've watched her wear for the last 30 years is now on my hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.