Saturday, December 15, 2012

Towed.

Last night I went to go see Passenger play a gig at the Troubadour. Super stoked on seeing this artist since I have been a fan for about 3 years and he never comes to the states. He toured with Ed Sheeran about 6 months ago and blew up so the show sold out fast. I took my friend Diana and we had a night on the town... or West Hollywood. I parked my car on a street that had a sign stating No parking from 7 am to 4 pm- we made a joke that we wouldn't be there until 7 am so we were good. As we were walking back to the car, down the street we had parked on, I looked at her and said, "Weren't we parked right here?"

Two guys were standing outside of a make-shift valet tent when I asked, "If I had parked my car right here, where would it be?"

Dude: "Oh, it was towed. Go call the number over on the meter."

In the pouring rain I made myself over to the meter to see a small sign below the meter stating, :No parking from 6pm to 4am Valet Only- Daily:

Who in their right mind is going to look below the meter for a 12 inch sign when the large posted signs above on both sides of the street notate it is fine to park there. After calling the towing company and learning of the $190 fee to get my car out, I hailed a cab and we made our way to the tow yard. I looked at my friend and said, "Well, at least we are headed in the direction towards home," as I laughed. She commented on how she was surprised I was reacting so lightly for just having my car towed. Well, there are two ways you can handle ANY situation, overreact, or react within your means. The car was already towed, there was nothing I can do at that point. Besides, I had received my yearly bonus just hours prior and we all know when you receive a large sum of money it's like the universe notates that and needs to collect it back :)

Once at the tow yard I paid my hefty fine, hopped in a golf cart and was delivered up to my car only to find a nice white slip on the windshield. Not only did I have to pay the towing company $190, but also had to pay the City of Los Angeles $89 for parking in a spot I wasn't supposed to be parked in.

Oh Los Angeles, you make it so easy to want to leave you. I am going to try and contest the ticket but we all know what happens when you go against the big man. I just keep thinking in my brain how many pairs of shoes that would be! Happy weekend :) I am now off to take photos of one of my bestest buddies, Jonell and her family, and then spend the weekend baking cookies with mom and another photo shoot tomorrow! The holidays are here and it's a busy, busy time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.