Monday, December 3, 2012

A Day of Remembrance.

Twelve years ago almost to the day, I was fortunate enough to come to NY as a babysitter for the CEO of Quicksilver and live quite the high life for an 18-year-old. I saw and experienced things that I will never be able to do again, one being able to eat dinner at the top of the World Trade Center. I remember everything from that night from the food, the ambiance, and my inability to capture the Manhattan skyline with a wind up camera and a flash that inevitably took to the glare and left for a blown-out and overexposed shot. Needless to say, the memories in my head will have to do. The following September, the World Trade Center was attacked, never to have such opportunities again.

Two years ago when my cousin and I were in NY, the Memorial Site was not open, this year however, it was. I walked over this morning and into the admission-free site of remembrance consisting of two reflective pools, the base of each building, with names of all the victims lining the pools. Tears fell from my face as my hands touched the engraved names.

There isn't much to view at the site, it is more of a moment of silence and reflection for those that lost their life during that horrendous day.

IMG_3666
IMG_3678
IMG_3696
IMG_3700
I took a picture next to the survivor tree, the only vegetation that somehow survived the attacks.
IMG_3706
We ventured out for the "Best Pizza on the Planet," at Lombardi's which claims to be the oldest pizzeria in Manhattan. It was good- but I don't know if it was the best!
photo
After strolling through the streets of Little Italy, we made our way back to the hotel, after buying the hottest dress from Bettie Page which I can't wait to wear! After unloading at the hotel I decided to venture out and walk the Brooklyn Bridge to get some night shots of the city and then head towards Battery Park to capture the Statue of Liberty at night!
IMG_3722
IMG_3729
IMG_3739
IMG_3770
IMG_3902
IMG_3934
IMG_3953
IMG_3977

Good night New York! You have been good to me and I will miss you dearly. Tomorrow morning I am going to do a session in the Manhattan temple and then head to the airport!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.