Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Airports.

Airports are funny, from the overpriced sandwiches you purchase to the incredible people watching opportunities. Although I normally wouldn't have hours of airport time, my 7pm flight was delayed almost two hours.

Let me backtrack.

After showering, packing, and checking out of the hotel, I made my way to Lincoln Center via the subway. While headed to the Manhattan temple, I decided to stop at a quaint little breakfast place called Muffin Cafe and of course had to stop at Magnolia Bakery, a New York favorite, for a gingerbread cupcake. Sadly, Crumbs is still my favorite cupcakes and I have yet to find anything that compares. I arrived at the temple almost an hour before the session and took time to really think and pray about some things. I enjoy going to different temples and although the work is all the same, the Manhattan temple is incredibly small in comparison to others I have been in.

I took the subway downtown to the hotel and enjoyed a conversation with the doorman while waiting on my shuttle. He had mentioned wanting to move to California. I told him I was actually thinking of moving to New York. We came to the conclusion that the grass is always greener. Although I do love New York I think the winner of my relocation may be Boston. I also used to really like Los Angeles prior to moving there, which scares me the same could happen elsewhere. However, I've lived in soo many places and LA is the only place I've truthfully regretted moving to.

Once in the shuttle, I was welcomed by two, shall I say, brilliant ladies from Ireland in my shuttle to the airport. I have to say I enjoy being able to recognize different accents from my travels. One girl was so cute as she claimed I was a free spirit and she admired the way I travel and how I could just pick up and go anywhere. Although that makes me feel under accomplished and somewhat nomadic, I accepted the compliment.

While waiting to check my luggage I saw a girl out of my peripheral vision that strongly resembled Andi's sister so much that I stopped in my tracks and just stared. She stopped at the gate next to mine which was headed to Zurich. These random coincidences surely made my mind think. The brain sure can play games with your head and your heart.

The fog is quite heavy thus my 7pm flight is now leaving at 8:30 which gives me ample time to write this blog. I stopped at a charging station to plug in my phone only for it to ring. It was a New York number so I answered.

"Hello"
"Nicole, this is Alwin, I was your driver tonight..."

I thought he was going to tell me I had left something in the car but instead he wanted to tell me if I'm ever back in New York I can consider him a friend here. It was nice. He was nice. Gee New York, even your drivers are good to me. Unfortunately, I don't feel that will be enough to get me to move here. Decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.