Thursday, December 13, 2012

Sniffer.

I have been sick as a dog lately and even though I may not currently be as cute as a dog, I sure have the same sniffer! If that sentence wasn’t confusing enough, I will explain. Have you ever noticed that when you are sick your senses are heightened? Well, I was in the small copy room behind my desk scanning some documents when this lovely new employee walked in doused in something I would smell on my grandmother, or perhaps just something that smelled like it had an expiration date of 1923. First and foremost, there should be an unspoken policy about fragrances. I have no problem with people smelling good, but work is not necessarily the environment to bathe in your perfume or cologne. IF you have a scent that is subtle, more power to you, but IF You have a scent that leaves a trace even after you leave a room, there is a problem.

I was so worried that someone would come into the copy room and think that I was the one with poor choice and poor hygiene. I feel as if this office etiquette follows closely with, “Don’t have conversations in the restroom,” “Washing your hands after going to the restroom,”… you know, the usual. On to other news in my exciting life, I bought my fish Godfrey a new tank and had at least a 20 minute discussion with my neighbor about how he didn’t like his new tank, the filter was bothering him and I wasn’t sure the strobe-like lights were to his liking. Joe (my awesome neighbor) informed me that it was nice of me to care about my fish like that but he doesn’t have a brain and doesn’t think. I am pretty sure Godfrey would be offended by that statement.

Despite the rain, I headed out to see Passenger, an awesome singer/songwriter from the UK last night at the Troubadour… or at least I thought I was headed to see him. I bought the tickets 3 months ago and had it in my calendar that he was playing on Wednesday. My friend Josh and I headed to the venue when I decided to check the tickets and had the ahh hah moment, wait, these are for the 14th, Friday. We decided to have an adventure and check out who could have been playing at that venue anyway. JMSN, Meg Myers, and some random band I have never heard of were playing. I must say that the voices that came out of each artist fit nothing like their appearance. Meg Myers, a Kristin Stewart look a like, had a set of deep/harsh/rugged Courtney Love-styled lyrics. She was good and someone I would recommend you check out. The rest of the artists, well, I wouldn’t necessarily write home about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.