Saturday, December 29, 2012

Naked.

As payment for watching my friend Heather's dog, she gave me a gift certificate to Burke Williams, a day spa that is here in the area. I thought I would end the year off right and get a nice relaxing massage this morning however after waking up to get my oil change and a phone call from my most favorite missionary that helped with my conversion, I completely lost track of that relaxing massage and missed my appointment. Luckily for me, I was able to reschedule an hour later.

When it comes to walking around naked or changing in front of people I have never really cared but for some reason, seeing old wrinkly people walk around naked while you're trying to get in the mindset of relaxation does quite the contrary. I had about 10 minutes to kill before the massage so I did a mini facial with some mint washcloths provided and made my way into the common area to meet my masseuse. I had chosen a 50 minute hot stone massage because I figured hot stones would be cool. Were they cool? Yes. Would I pay the extra $20.00 to do it again? No.

That said, my massage was great, she hit just the right spots and left me in somewhat of a daze as I made my way back to the locker room and decided to go in the spa. The spa sounded amazing until I realized, I didn't have clothes on under my robe nor would anyone else. You try not to stare at other people but it is natural to look, which makes you even more excited to get naked knowing that all eyes will be on you. The sauna. The steam room. The jacuzzi. All were great to go in however I couldn't help but think of Seinfeld when I went into the steam room.


Then I came home and finished up on some photos. I have known the Castleton's since I was in kindergarden when I proposed to their son Jono. They randomly ended up being the CES Missionaries in the ward I was baptized in so I was reunited with my long lost neighbors and it was so much fun to capture the clan.
IMG_4589 copy
IMG_4609 copy
IMG_4665 copy
and then of course some of my adorable nephew from Christmas in the outfit I bought him!
IMG_4542 copy
My brudder and his little buddy
IMG_4525 copy
Colton making phone calls
IMG_4537 copy
All in all, it was a nice relaxing morning and very productive day. Three more days until this year is over and I am anxiously awaiting 2013.

3 comments:

  1. Such clear pictures! Great blog if I may say so :) may I become a follower?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I am officially your newest follower. Feel free to follow mine as well!

    ReplyDelete

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.