Thursday, December 20, 2012

I Don't Like My Job.

The simple words that were uttered out of my mouth.

Every morning I walk up the escalator and greet the security guy on duty before heading up to the elevators. This morning I wished Chris a Merry Christmas and got caught up in a conversation. We were discussing places to live and he said that Los Angeles was the hub for jobs. I replied, "yes, but I don't like my job;" to which he responded, "who does?"

I believe there are people that love their jobs. Heck, I've even loved jobs before and if you're going to spend at least 8 hours a day at a place (which is more than you spend consecutively with family or friends) you had better love your job or you're going to be one unhappy person. I truly believe that the key is not money. So many people accept a job or do a job because of the salary attached to it and eventually find out that yes, money does NOT buy happiness.

I want to be challenged and in this ever so lazy world, that seems to be less and less of an option within the workforce. I shouldn't be able to blog while at work, or check my Facebook, rather, I should be doing something productive with my brain.

While I am allowed to blog however ;), last night I got to see a pre-screening of Les Miserables and it was amazing. Not as good as the play but that is to be expected. I saw the play in London in 2011 and it was one of the best I've seen. Go see Les Mis, you won't regret it!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Nicole, as one who's had jobs I adored and jobs I HATED, I really hope you find something wonderful!!! My current job was my "back-up" and it turned out to be the greatest blessing in my life! The Lord's hand led me to it, no doubt, just as much as it led me to the horrid job that preceded this one (which was MISERABLE but taught me invaluable lessons and has helped me to appreciate this one all the more!). There's method in the madness, no doubt, and I truly hope that your story shakes out to a similarly happy ending sooner than later!

    ReplyDelete

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.