Monday, December 10, 2012

Hopping.

Laundry is not my favorite thing to do and that is probably because I don’t have a machine in my apartment. Therefore, I usually take the opportunity to go down to my mom’s house in Orange County and wash my clothes. My neighbor jokes that it isn’t worth the cost in gas to go down there but I get to see my family and clean my clothes so it is justified. I drove down early Saturday morning and mom and I decided to go to the movies. I told her if she went to see, Silver Linings Playbook, I would pay. She had wanted to see another movie as well, Playing for Keeps, but I treated so my movie choice won… at least at first.

I remember a time when movies were around $5.00. Now you can’t see anything for less than $15-20, depending on the theatre. My mother has the rationale that they charge you so much for movies you should be able to see more than one. Yes, I, along with my mother, movie hopped. We are such rebels. One show ended and we had 15 minutes to make it to the next, it was as if they wanted us to hop from one movie to the next. I kept joking with my mother that they were going to come in and ask her for her ticket stub, she didn’t care for that joke and got quite scared when a manager came in to count numbers.

When we went in to the theatre it was light outside, when we came out, it was dark. We went for dinner and then came back to her house to finish up laundry and watch Christmas movies on Lifetime (the ultimate chick-flick network). I woke up early Sunday morning to make it back to LA for meetings and church, only to catch a brief encounter with my neighbor, who happened to sneak a glimpse of me while I was shoving a piece of pizza in my mouth.

“Pizza, already?”
“What, it’s breakfast :).”
He continued saying, “You are going to end up looking like your cats.”

I couldn’t help but laugh. My cats are obese. He noticed after the comment left his lips that perhaps that was rude to say to a woman, I knew he was joking, although perhaps I should cut back on pizza… it is just so good! After church I had tithing settlement, which like any meeting with my bishop usually turns into a quick debrief on how all the girls are doing in Relief Society, rather than anything personal to do with me. I have simply come to accept this fact! I packed up all my belongings and headed over to David’s house for a goodbye party. Two members of the ward were moving and we were having a dessert soirée that was oh so magical. This morning I received the sweetest message from this girl Kiera.

photo
She sure knows how to make a girl smile. It’s funny- I never think I am good enough at Relief Society, that I could always do more for the girls, and then someone sends a message like this and makes all the hard work worthwhile. I am also trying to rack my brain at which male at the party could have said such generous things about me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.