Sunday, December 16, 2012

Come to Church with Me.

Is a question I would normally welcome and extend in the right circumstances however this morning was not one of those. I became Mormon four years ago (September 13, 2008) a decision my mother was not keen on. Although she refuses to address her concern with me personally, I hear from many others.

I came down to Orange County this weekend for two family photo shoots and stayed at moms versus normally leaving early Sunday morning.

Mom: Come to church with me
Me: No
Mom: Why?
Me: Why would I go I a church that has anti Mormon classes?
Mom: They don't have anti Mormon classes.
Me: Yes they do
Mom: Well who told you that (as you can tell she knows about them and I for a fact know she has attended them).
Me: It's well known knowledge
Mom: Are they the only church that has them?
me: Yes
Mom: Well maybe they know something you don't know.
Me: That's like saying I know more than a dr knows. Why don't they spend time building up their own faith rather than tear another's down.

I find it quite interesting that people always want to prove the church wrong or get people to leave it. Tell me what is wrong with serving the Lord, respecting your body, dressing modestly, abstaining from drugs and alcohol, tithing, serving others, and loving one another.

I've never gained any form of substantial knowledge by Wikipedia or hearing only one side of a subject matter and I'm continually saddened by the ignorance that occurs when it comes to the church.

I love my mom.

I love the church.

I know what I believe and that's not going to change. I encourage all people regardless of their faith to build their own relationship with God and if you're spending time doing that, you won't be left with any time to tear down another's belief system.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.