Friday, December 28, 2012

All for All.

I noticed the power of the mind when I ran my first marathon. At mile 18, or somewhere around there, your body and your mind have a battle and it becomes mind over matter. I've come to realize that it's not just marathons that have this impact on the mind, it's anything in life that forces you to work. There's the wise saying that, nothing worth while is ever easy, and I firmly believe that.

While the mind can make you think many things or lead you to believe misconceptions, there's something inside that is feeding the mind these thoughts. At mile 26 I told myself there was no way I could run .2 miles (a marathon is 26.2 miles) because all too often our mind makes us think we need to give up but our body is capable of much more than we give it credit for.

At the Beckstead's house on Christmas Eve, Sister Beckstead had recommended a talk, The Atonement: All for All. "If we must give all that we have, then our giving only almost everything is not enough. If we almost keep the commandments, we almost receive the blessings."

Giving our all can be difficult but in order to receive all, we must give our all and know that we alone cannot do things but can do all things through Christ that strengths us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.