Saturday, October 20, 2012

Woohooo.

Ha. I can't help but think of Andi with that statement. He used to always talk about 'woohoo girls', well, right now I am a woohoo girl, although I will keep my shirt on and try not to be too obnoxious.  So, a little back story, for the past, oh since June, I have had stomach issues, everything I eat, I immediately bloat up and I feel like I ate Thanksgiving dinner after two bites of any food. It sucks. Over the course of the past four months I have been poked and probed, had every test, different surgical procedures, cameras inside of me, blood work, you catch my drift.  The verdict after all those tests was: YOU'RE PERFECT ON PAPER. Well, gee, thanks, however I am not perfect in this stomach! In August I decided to go to an acupuncturist.  I have never been to one, I am not keen on needles, but my oh my, this little Asian lady saved my life.

Western medicine doctors, my gastrointestinal doc for starters, do not approve of Eastern medicine.  He made it quite obvious that these efforts would prove unsuccessful in finding the root of this problem.  She left to China for a month so my treatments took a halt. Yesterday I was able to see her after a little break and I had complaints that everything was worse, the bloating was horrible, and I had no energy.  She looked at me and said, "You gain weight." (classy, always what a girl wants to hear. Perhaps I was less offended because A. She was right, and B. She is a cute little Asian girl.) She went on to say that I may be upset about that but she is happy.  People with digestive issues eat and don't gain weight, but me gaining weight shows that my digestion is better. She continued to ask some questions and there was a lightbulb moment, she turned to me and said,

Nicole, you are deathly allergic to sugar.

WHAT? No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but it made sense. Perfect sense. Sugar is in EVERYTHING, (trust me I just tried to go grocery shopping). So, I have to cut it out completely, we are going to run some allergy tests but  only a day of cutting it out completely I can see a difference (I don't look or feel 5 months pregnant). She gave me this medical shake mix, to fix my metabolism since it has been messed up by not eating for 4 months, enzymes, and I will follow-up next Friday. I am so excited to finally have a lead. On the plus side, I am about to drop some serious weight (not that I have a serious issue) but my diet is going to be very strict.

I need to find a new replacement food for when I get sad and depressed and want to mope because chocolate won't work anymore :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.