Monday, October 29, 2012

Presents.

There is nothing I love more than giving gifts. Ok, maybe there are things that I love more but I REALLY like giving gifts.  Birthdays and Christmas are my favorite but mainly Christmas because there are so many people to buy gifts for at once.  I actually get more excited to watch a person open a gift I have given them than I like to open up my own gifts.  Years ago I went on a few dates with this guy that brought me peanut butter over to my house once, wrapped up (I love peanut butter). I laid the gift aside and was more enthralled with giving him something, I can't remember what it was but he called me out on my actions and said, "You don't don't know how to receive gifts do you?" It is not that I don't like receiving gifts, because I do, I just don't know how to accept gifts... does that make sense? I also am really hard to surprise because I normally just buy things that I want. Or maybe I don't like the attention on me when I open something up... who knows, but how can I not like the very thing that makes me the most excited, watching someone open a gift I have given them.

At any rate, I don't just buy stupid gifts, or buy something just to buy it, I really put a lot of thought into the things I buy people. I pay attention to their character, things they like, something they may mention they like, and I catalog these thoughts within my head until it is time to purchase them a gift. I made a list today of the people I need to buy gifts for so that I could start thinking of the perfect gifts.  Although my list is small, I was excited to start looking and didn't think I would find things as quickly as I did. I also have another weakness I must admit. I have a problem with keeping gifts a secret or not giving them as soon as I get them.  If I buy something for someone, I get SO excited that I just want to ruin the surprise and tell that person right away.  If you are my friend you have probably heard, "Do you want to know what I got you or do you want to wait?" I remember when I was young I had bought (with mom's money) my brother a red fire truck for Christmas. I wanted to tell him so bad that I went under my mom's bed, unwrapped the present and brought it to him. He was not happy... my brother likes to be surprised. I also LOVE to be surprised, I am just horrible at ruining them.  I am such a hypocrite :)

The only benefit of my inability to keep presents a secret is that if I buy you something early, I normally give it before Christmas, then feel guilty that I have nothing FOR Christmas day and go out and buy something else. I have issues, I am well aware of this. I bought four gifts today, now I will just have to wrap them and hide them from myself for the next two months!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.