Monday, October 22, 2012

Just Friends.

Is it possible for two people of the opposite sex to have a platonic relationship? I'd like to believe in the mature capability of that however I'm starting to realize these types of friendships are few and far between. I am nice to people, generally, I mean, I try :). Sometimes I feel that being nice can be taken too far and when that friendship feels like it's being jeopardized, I push away and somewhat shut down. While I do agree that it's good to be friends first and eventually marry your best friend, I also think there's a moment when something clicks, either for the guy or girl, that there could be something romantic and if its not between both parties, it's awkward. If you feel uncomfortable talking about other guys in front of male friends then, you've probably got romantic feelings brewing.

I'm not looking to date right now, I say that because the right person hasn't come around, or back for that matter.  Although that is a common statement that people may hear, or shall I say a common line that is given, it really means something completely different. The phrasing, "I'm not ready to date," is an excuse and I wholeheartedly agree. What should be said is, "I'm not ready (nor will I ever be) to date ... You."

In other news I fell asleep watching Vampire Diaries and woke up in a panic at 3 am. When I sprung up Sock's face was right in mine. I'm not sure who scared who more but I totally thought for a moment that he was a vampire cat and about to eat a midnight human snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.