Wednesday, October 24, 2012

This City is Not For Me.

I've never felt "home" in Los Angeles which for me is quite ironic since I've lived so many places and always been able to make friends and fit in. There's something about this city though that drags you in and drains you. Thinking back I can't remember if I ever prayed about my decision to move here. Regardless, for every decision there are consequences. Although I've had many unpleasant and trying experiences, I don't regret the move, meeting the good people I've met, and of course serving as the Relief Society president. I feel however that LA has served it's purpose in my life and I'm ready to check out.

I couldn't ask for more perfect timing, I'm in a month-to-month lease and my job has pushed me over the limits. I had another horrible day of dealing with Devil Woman. Sometimes I wonder if she goes home at night and plays with a voodoo doll replication of me. As I sat across the table from her today I said, "I'm done fighting. I've never had an employer have this many issues with me before." I want to go back to technical writing, I had enjoyment in that and at least dealt with real problems rather than caddy high school drama.

I took a test yesterday that gathered information about ideal places and climates to live, Boston and Pennsylvania were the top choices. Of course it didn't take anywhere out of the country as a possible option, it was only based on US states. My only requirement is to have a temple nearby. The thing is, I have no ties in California, nothing making me stay. Sure, family and friends are here but airplanes DO exist.

Sometimes I wish answers were black and white. I wish I had a crystal ball to predict the future. Don't get me wrong, I find joy in the journey but I would just like a little push in the right direction :) maybe that just means the Lord wants ME to make the first move.

Where oh where should I go?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.