Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Half Full.

I like the ends of bread. I view this kind of like brownies. Most people are divided between liking the corners, and liking the middle pieces, each for their respective reasons. When it comes to bread, I tend to seek out the ends. The pieces that people leave in the bag and choose to discard, I view as the only worthy pieces of bread.

Why?

The ends are the most nutritious and tasty. It’s like you are getting something extra special with one part of cut bread and one part of a heel. I am odd, I completely understand and accept this. The point of this awesome bread story is that this morning I went into the kitchen at work, to toast up my bread end and it was gone! I had to settle for the next best thing. At first I was slightly disappointed, you know how it is when you think of something in your mind, you want it, then you don’t get it? Yes, I had that moment. I came back to my desk and read an email that had this in the body:

“I have no cause for complaint, only reasons to be appreciative.”

It was in response to asking someone how they were. It made me think that all too often we are quick to jump the gun and complain about all the crappy things that are going on in our life because, well, we let them consume us. If we changed our perspective, I know easier said than done, but if we changed our perspective and sought out the things we have to be appreciative for (like the fact that my work even provides free breakfast in the first place) we would be more appreciative. You know that old saying, is the glass half full or half empty? I say we seek to look at reasons the glass is always half full.

“We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.”

Happy hump day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.