Thursday, October 25, 2012

Joy.

Last night I was able to be a part of something extremely heart warming and it filled my soul with happiness. I received an email from a sister in the ward yesterday morning asking for my number, that she needed some help. She ended up telling me in email because it was easier for her, that she was adopted and her birth mother had died the prior day. Being unemployed and the funeral being in West Virginia, she was unaware of how she would get there. Not wanting to ask for charity, she was asking if I knew anyone that had flight miles or something that could happen. Normally I would go to my knees and pray but I was overwhelmed with the thought that we, the church, needed to pay for this flight. I searched for flights and emailed the bishop letting him know the options and asking permission. He replied quickly saying that he agreed, we should do it. I purchased the ticket and sent her the confirmation. Within minutes of emailing her my phone rang and she was in tears. She could barely speak for how happy she was that she would be able to attend her mother’s funeral and expressed that she had no way of getting there unless there was a miracle.

There is nothing that makes me happier than seeing the hand of God work in people’s lives. Nothing that warms your heart than to hear the grateful and appreciative words from this dear sister. I am glad the Lord could use me to make her desires come true.

1 comment:

  1. This made me teary... so glad you were able to help her!

    ReplyDelete

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.