Thursday, October 18, 2012

Glowing.

“Are you getting married?” Was the question I received as I walked into the kitchen this morning, she proceeded with, “your face is glowing.” I had to chuckle as I told her no, I would need to date someone seriously for that to happen. She then asked about Andi. I haven’t really talked about him to anyone so most people either think that we are still dating, or they just don’t ask. Besides Gabby in the kitchen this morning, and two co-workers this week, I had three people at church ask me on Sunday how he was doing and my response was, “You would know just as much as I would know!” It has been two months so I thought for the most part I had dodged a bullet having to answer questions or talk about the situation. I find myself to be a VERY open book but there are also some aspects of my life that I just don’t talk about. I tend to divert the attention from myself and talk more about other people and their problems, especially being Relief Society president. I feel like talking about myself opens me to be vulnerable, unless of course you are a close friend… then you hear the play by play of my life (sorry Cait). At any rate… today we are going to talk about escalators, since that was my thought process this morning.

I have a routine. There are two options from the parking garage to come up to the elevators into the building; take the escalator, or take the garage elevators to ground level. I decided that if I was going to take the escalators, I would walk up them, not be sedentary. I view this as my morning workout especially since I am lazy (although I just bought a gym membership so that is subject to change :) ). Sometimes I get slightly disturbed when I see someone get on before me as I quickly contemplate in my mind if they will be a walker or a stander. This morning I walked the first set of escalators and sure enough, someone was just standing. The man in front of me must have been slightly more persistent than I in his need to walk up the escalator because at the next flight break, she stepped off to the side to let the two of us walk the remainder of the escalator stairs. It is the simple things in life that bring a smile to my face. Heck maybe it was even that victory that made my face glow :). I feel like I accomplished something and it is only 8 am :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.