Friday, October 12, 2012

Remember that one time.

...that I tried to work out and was in pain for days? Ya, that just happened. On Wednesday night after writing two horrendous papers for my research and psychoanalysis classes I had an hour long debate with myself regarding working out. Here comes my justification, TECHNICALLY, it's not my fault I'm so out of shape since I've been out of commission while doctors were poking and probing trying to figure out what's wrong with me. I've finally decided that since we can't figure out what's wrong with me, I might as well just try and work out. I have these 'Insanity' videos that I thought would be good to start with and I wouldn't have to leave the house. Twelve minutes into the workout and I text my best friend that she may need to call an ambulance. I'm a wuss, shut off the video and went back to eating a bowl of ice cream. Ok, that's a lie, I can't eat ice cream, but if I could...

Yesterday I was sitting at my desk all day and didn't really get up much. By 4pm I could barely walk my calves were so tight. I now understand why it's so easy to be lazy, this much pain after doing something good is definitely not fun. But it made me think, the refining process we go through is not always fun and can definitely hurt at moments all the while good changes are occurring. Sometimes we need a little pain to not only remind us that we are alive, but also to let us know that if we keep up the hard work, the results will pay off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.