Monday, October 1, 2012

Life is Too Short. (and so am I).

I am a people pleaser. I tend to do things for everyone else but myself, making sure others are happy and at ease and in the midst of it all, I forget myself.  Unfortunately, we don't have control over anyone's happiness but our own.  We can do and act in sincere and kind ways but whether or not those good intentions and deeds are recognized is not within our control.  

After running around for eleven straight hours today,  I paused to think that perhaps I am burning my wick at both ends. Certain areas of my life, yes, I will remain vague, I feel that I have been putting myself out continually only to be let down or disappointed and I suppose I have reached my breaking point. I am not saying that one should EXPECT things when they bring forth good deeds but I am saying that we shouldn't exhaust ourselves on the same situations and people if we know it is only going to hinder our own happiness. 

Think about the people or things in your life that are draining and perhaps it is time to let them be.  You can't constantly fight for love and appreciation that others do not want to give.  You can't make someone love you, you can't make someone appreciate you, you can only do your best at bringing forth Christlike attributes and in so doing, the right people will acknowledge and reciprocate that love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.