Friday, February 1, 2013

Lay the Paper Down.

Last night while out with my girlfriends one of them started talking about guys, issues, dating, and of course the necessary topic of training men for relationships. Steve Harvey’s book, “Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man,” has been circulating throughout the office and within the book he states that all men need to be trained. That every woman is different, just as the air and weather changes from city to city, women all expect/want/desire different things. While reading an article online, a woman oh so eloquently writes that men do not want to be nagged or hounded for bad behavior but rather praised for their good behavior. Although the article is quite humorous, I do believe that there is truth behind her words.

My friend and talented author of, Bigger than Texas, Heather Lindner, said it best last night, “men are simple, they do not do things to hurt you, they do things because they just don’t know any better.” Women like to overthink, overanalyze, and analyze again when the simple answer is right in front of our eyes. Dogs do not pee on the floor to piss you off, they pee on the floor because they don’t know any better. This is where Heather stated that for all the men she has dated, she has, “laid the paper down,” shown them what is acceptable and what is not.

I always find dating advice to be comical, regardless of who you are or how long you have been dating, everyone seems to encounter all of the same introductory dating issues with slight alterations.

Dating is an adventure and it includes growth spurts where both parties learn each other and if they work well together, these moments only bring them closer.

2 comments:

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.