Friday, February 15, 2013

Happy Birthday Goose.

Today marks the 90th birthday of my sweet Goose. My great grandmother, her mother, lived until she was 99. What I would have given for another 9 years to be with Goose, however not in the state she was in of course. Looking back over the years and thinking of her birthday’s I know that Goose would want nothing more than for me to sit down and eat a big bowl of ice cream with some cookies… maybe just for the day we can ask the stomach gods to allow this to happen :). Mom sent me an article this morning that was written on her in 2005, it is so amazing to read the impact she had on other’s lives and how much she means to so many people. Last night I received the most perfect gift to prepare me for her birthday today, a locket. Elephants remind me of my grandfather. He got me a bronze elephant locket that is beautiful but what was inside made it even more meaningful. Inside the small locket were two photographs of Goose, one of my favorite photos of her and one of her and I when I was a baby. Prior to opening the gift, Stevo said, “Promise me, no matter what happens between us, that you will never get rid of this present.” I couldn’t have asked for a more meaningful gift and I will wear this locket close to my heart!

Although she is not here for me to write her a birthday card, I will write it on this blog as if she were reading it.

Goose,

Ninety years old! With each year you become more beautiful and more of an inspiration to me. I hope that you are walking many miles on the other side of the veil because we all know, “if you don’t keep the bones a movin’ they will quit on you.” I am not sure if it ever gets cold in heaven but if it does, I am positive that you have made everyone booties and beanies to keep them warm. I can’t even imagine how wonderful it was for you to see grandpa and how much fun the two of you are having together. As you learn and grow I make a solemn promise to you that I will do everything I can to assure you that we will be together again. The day that I get to seal you and grandpa together will be the most joyous day of my life and I look forward to it daily. If you promise to hold down the fort on the other side of the veil, I will promise to do the same here. We love you and miss you but are overjoyed for the blessings you have given to each and every person that came into your life.

Bushel and a peck!

-your favorite grandchild

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.