Thursday, February 7, 2013

Imperfections.

Sometimes imperfections give you character.

While making something for Stevo’s Valentine present, I messed up and got slightly frustrated. I turned to my co-worker and said I was upset because I am a perfectionist and I messed up on something. She turned to me and said, “You know what? Sometimes imperfections give it character.” What a great insight and how truthful that statement is.

All to often we aim to be perfect, newsflash… we will never be perfect no matter how hard we try, and I honestly believe that our imperfections are what set us apart from each other and give us character. Our weaknesses, imperfections, quirks, and vices make us more real and appealing. That doesn’t mean that we dwell on our weaknesses, rather, we embrace the things we cannot change and we make them positive, or rather, view the positive in them.

2 comments:

  1. if imperfections grant character, i must have stepped right out from a Broadway play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that... didn't entirely make sense, i think. you get the gist, tho.

    ReplyDelete

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.