Monday, February 4, 2013

Angel Wings.

Mom had told me last week that when Goose passed she was just going to say, "she grew her angel wings."

Saturday am I drove over to see Goose and although she was not talking, she was able to acknowledge me as I crawled into her full-sized hospital bed, wrapped my arms around her frail body and fell asleep. This moment was priceless.

Sunday morning after church mom had called saying we needed to call Goose and say our goodbyes, that she was in a coma and the time was coming. We both called and contemplated whether or not we should head up to be with mom and Goose. Chad and I stayed together as we sat and reminisced about all of the memories when Chad looked at me and said, "do you think she's passed?" I said, "no, mom would have called." It was then that I looked down at my phone and saw a missed call and voicemail.

"Goose has grown her angel wings."

I ran inside to the kitchen and embraced Chad as we cried hysterically together.

I'm grateful for my knowledge of the gospel. I'm grateful for my friends and family and I'm grateful for Stevo and his support both physically and emotionally during such a difficult time for my family.

I love you a bushel and a peck...
...a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.