Monday, November 26, 2012

Tree.

I want a Christmas tree. The smell of fresh pines is probably my favorite and definite brings back memories.

Growing up we would go out to the tree farms, pick out a Christmas tree, name it, and bring it home. Yes, we would name our tree! I'm not sure how the tradition began but our Christmas tree was always named, Waldo Hank Pine. Each succeeding year the tree was given a number, Waldo Hank Pine the 1st, 2nd...

Once home we would decorate the tree with lights and ornaments. Ever since the year we were born, Chad and I each received an ornament. It's like the token gift we can always expect to get each year, an ornament that reflects something to do with our personality or interests. When I moved out the first time, mom sent me off with a box of my ornaments from over the years as to keep the tradition alive.

When I was 25 I was dating a guy who had decided to put up a fake Christmas tree in my apartment. When my father caught wind of this he wanted to have a word with him. "Don't you know she has only ever had REAL Christmas trees?" As the phone was passed back to me dad noted in a joking tone that he was simply not a keeper if he would deprive me from a tree :)

Sadly with my apartment being so small, there won't be a real tree going up, not ornaments to hang, but perhaps Yankee candle can make a good pine scent to fill my apartment with!
We took photos for the RS Christmas Cookbook yesterday!

IMG_3267
IMG_3273
IMG_3303
IMG_3315

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.