Thursday, November 1, 2012

Buyer's Remorse

My grandmother used to work at one of the largest department stores which meant she always received a large discount and would take the family shopping. I'd go through the store like a Tasmanian devil picking up every price of clothing I saw. I'd try them on and love things and then as we would walk to the register, while waiting in line I'd begin to have buyer's remorse before the items were even purchased. I'd sit and go through each article of clothing and think about if it REALLY needed it and by the time we reached the register I'd have one or two items from an original pile of 20. My grandma would get mad because she was paying for things and wanted me to buy stuff but I think that added to the cause, I didn't want to spend someone else's money. I am not saying this is a bad trait to have and surely any many that marries me will appreciate this as well but sometimes it's frustrating.

I get excited about purchasing something, now I do my shopping online, put it in my virtual shopping cart and suddenly think about all the other things I could spend the money on or save the money for. I have to admit that when I have money I like to spend it, normally on other people and occasionally on myself and my shoe collection :), but I suppose I'm becoming more mature and even passing up opportunities to purchase shoes. Maybe that's why I love thrift store shopping, I can purchase cute things that are cheap enough to not make me double think the purchase.
I also know that if I REALLY want something, if I think about it even after I left the store, that I should go back and treat myself. Lucky for my wallet, that doesn't happen often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.