Monday, November 19, 2012

Dating.

"Don't they realize we just want to settle down and take care of them?" Caitlin said as the topic of men came up.

What was supposed to be a spiritual visiting teaching lesson quickly turned into a discussion on dating when the usual, "how is life, work, the men in your life, questions were asked. I of course stated that I wanted someone to cook for which preceded Caitlin's remark. As she continued it made me ponder things. Most men, I say most because there is always an exception, want instant gratification, they think about the here and now rather than the forever and eternity because quite frankly those two words scare most.

I suppose that's why the older generation in the church have always said, "you're such a good catch, these men are idiots," because at that point in their life they have come to realize what really IS important in a marriage and companionship. When you're fighting against the world, looks and a cute outfit don't take you far.

"Is there anything we can do for you?"

"Find me a boyfriend for Christmas. "

"He may be plastic if that's ok, but we will bring you one."

Such great visiting teachers I have! Always looking out for me :) the holidays are my favorite time of year. I love everything about this season and would love it that much more if I had someone's hand to hold! (And of course cook for). I leave to New York in a week, maybe that's where I'll serendipitously meet my boyfriend. :) Hey, a girl can be hopeful. I'll be staying in Manhattan with Kat, going ice skating at Rockefeller center, seeing the tree lighting, the Rockettes, and the play 'Once'. The countdown has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.