Wednesday, November 7, 2012

One Question.

Last night I received a blessing from my Bishop for some guidance and direction. I've never been more lost in such a stable part of my life as far as what I should do next. School. Work. Living. Love. I received an incredible opportunity to be an au pair for an Italian family in Florence and if things line up, I will not be turning that down.

Before he gave the blessing he asked me, "If you could ask President Monson ONE question, what would you ask?"

Great question. One I've never thought about before. He's a prophet, he knows so much. As I composed my thoughts I turned to him and said, "I'd ask about his relationship with the Savior."

I don't know if he was impressed or shocked. "You wouldn't ask why you're not married or about principles of the church?" Nope, I reconfirmed. "I'd want to know about the Savior." Which made me realize that I should be digging more into the scriptures if I want to know more about the Savior :)

At any rate, the blessing was great and just what I needed to hear. It was a lot about my agency, which although I'd prefer to be guided in one specific direction, I understand that means there could be multiple good opportunities in my life. The part that stuck out the most is when he said, "don't think about the end result of your decisions, just think about the here and now."

Here's to thinking about the here and now and the many changes I foresee happening in the next few months.

On an unrelated note, I spent all day in the hospital with Goose yesterday. Although they don't know what's going on, she was released last night. I pray that things get better for my sweet Goose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.