Thursday, November 29, 2012

Cold Feet.

I flew into NY yesterday and after a lovely 4 hour shuttle ride to the W hotel, I made it safely to a warm shower and a nice little nap before I headed out into the city. Kat got back from work around 2 and we decided to venture over to the Rockefeller Center to watch the Christmas tree lighting ceremony which is a big deal. While neither of us had had time to eat that day, we stood in a line, not thinking about the ferocious cold, nor our empty stomachs, and waited for 5 hours for the ceremony to begin. Luckily we were able to meet some nice new and entertaining friends, two blokes the UK, Chris and John (who looks like our friend Stanley), and another nice man (who ended up defending me against an almost fight with an Italian family) named Brian from NY. All of us were here to cross something off our bucket list, and it wasn't "to be frostbitten from head to toe" (that was just an added bonus). We all wanted to see this spectacular event. Although we couldn't see any of the performances, because they took place on the ice rink of Rockefeller Center, we were right up close to the tree and the walkway that every singer passed by. Unfortunately I didn't have my zoom lens so these were all taken at the distance you see them. We got to see Rod Stewart, Bette Midler, Billy Crystal, and Il Volo walk past. It was a great experience and tonight we are going to see the Rockettes!
The start of the night before we were frozen.
IMG_3324-Edit
IMG_3336
IMG_3361
IMG_3379
IMG_3403
IMG_3422
and absolutely frozen!
IMG_3436

This morning I went for a run in Battery Park and had a nice view of the Statue of Liberty. New York, I like you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.