Friday, November 9, 2012

Technology.

I got in the elevator this morning only to find two other men with eyes glued to their cell phones. What happened to human interaction?

I like to observe people. In fact, observing is often more fun than actually interacting with others. I see people step into what they would deem an, "uncomfortable situation," and rather than stepping outside of their social element and talking to others, they stay connected to their safety zone, their phone. We complain all too often that people are rude and don't talk but do we reach out and talk to them? Granted, an elevator ride is only 30 seconds, how hard would it be to put your phone away and greet the people in the elevator with a smile?

We are so disconnected on a personal level and yet so technologically connected. Next time you're in an elevator, smile and say hello; I think you'll be surprised at how much of a difference it makes for both parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.