Thursday, November 8, 2012

Motivation.

Lately I have had no motivation to do anything, sad, I know. I come in to work every day, yes, I am grateful to have a job, but I come in here, I turn on the computer, and I stare at a computer screen ALL. DAY. LONG. Most people would say that is awesome, “you get paid to do nothing.” I suppose however that is with any situation, the grass is always greener. You live in the snow, you want the sun, you have long hair, you want it short, the list goes on. I have never really found what I want to do as a profession, what challenges me, and keeps my attention. I tend to learn something and get bored slightly easily. I can surely tell you that money doesn’t buy happiness, I want to be utilized. I find that the more you sit on your rear end and do nothing, the less motivation you have to actually do something.

If you asked if my life was busy, I would tell you I am. In fact, I do have a lot on my plate, but for 8 hours a day, I literally do nothing and I have no motivation to change that. (As in, I want to change my job but in the meantime while having a job, I just can’t make myself do anything productive with my time since surely work isn’t giving me anything to do). Sure, I could read or learn a new trade, or do something non-job related with my time but only things that don’t take much effort (typing a blog or aimlessly browsing Facebook profiles, seems to keep my attention). I pray for change but without a little effort on my end, how effective are my prayers? I have just about the same routine every day and it is far from something I would brag about.
5:00 am Wake up… well, the alarm goes off, I typically hit snooze.
5:30 am ACTUALLY wake up, read scriptures… If I can muster out the strength to get out of bed.
6:00 am Shower
6:20 am Leave the house.
6:50 am Get to work and clock in.
7:00 am Walk to Coffee Bean and get tea.
(twiddle my thumbs until noon when I eat)
11:58 am Walk to the kitchen for food.
(twiddle my thumbs again until 4).
4:00 pm Clock out and drive home.
5:00 pm Get home, check the mail, watch Netflix, eat, go to bed. Depending on the day I may have a presidency meeting or have to go to the church for RS stuff, write papers for school, or listen to music.
REPEAT.
I get home and have no desire to do anything and I would like to attribute this to the traffic and parking throughout LA. I need to get out of this funk and be more productive. I suppose acknowledging things is the first step. Maybe I should use my time more wisely to read some self-help book on how to better utilize my time. Maybe I should google things to do in NY since I will be there in three weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.