Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Vomit.

That is what I feel like doing.

Last night Stevo and I were talking about our credit scores and I pulled up my credit report. Although my score is very good, I couldn’t help but look at my student loans, as those and my car loan are pretty much all that is on my report. I took out a calculator and began adding up my student loans, my stomach began to turn and was in knots. How the heck can education cost so much money?!

This morning as I came into work, per ushe, I began to play on the internet however this time it was a productive quest, how will I pay off my student loans?! I found this amazing article on Forbes about how this girl paid off $90,000 worth of student loans in 3 years, that gave me some form of hope because I didn’t have that high of loans and I do have a decent paying job right now. I need to start making a spreadsheet and watching my money and stop spending because the last thing I want to do is find myself in 20 years’ worth of repayments to the government.

I am motivated… now to just stay motivated as I pass up the new shoes and all the other amazing things my eyes may become set upon. Being a grown up sucks sometimes.

3 comments:

  1. You're not alone. My husband's student loans are over $260k. That's right.....no home buying for us for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first time I've ever seen someone type the word "ushe".

    Personally I like hearing about other people's loans because it makes my $60k seem like not that much. The annoying thing is I never went into debt for 5 years of undergrad, and then acquired all of it for ONE year of masters. Laaaaame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "ushe"... it sounds Japanese.

    ReplyDelete

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.