Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Coincidences.

I am not one to believe in coincidences; if something happens, there is a direct or indirect reason related to it, or at least that is how my brain operates. On Saturday night Stevo and I went to see Morrissey. The previous time we went downtown to see P!nk, we took the subway and decided to do that again. After all, who doesn’t like a cheap and quick way to get from point A to point B in Los Angeles. On our way back we met these two guys that were probably the highlight of our night. Dan and Kenny were great. They were funny, they entertained us on the subway, and made us laugh. As we parted and were waiting in the subway for our next train, Stevo said, “Do you think we will ever see them again?” Los Angeles has millions of people, somewhere around 3 million, the odds of seeing two people we met on a subway again, not knowing any of their common interests would be slim to none... right?

Greg Laswell, one of my favorite singers, talks about when he was on the Subway system in New York and how for a brief moment the two cars that are passing in opposing positions, line up and you get a quick glimpse of the people in the other car. What do they like? Where are they going? So many random questions that pop in a person’s head, only this time, we had actually met these men. Last night while at the grocery store, a random one between our two houses, I ran in to get some butter and ice cream for cookies we were going to make. While standing in the aisle debating over which butter was better, we made our decision and headed towards the check out when low and behold, we ran into Dan. What are the odds, he questioned. We exchanged hellos and went our separate ways.

Stevo turned to me and said, is it odd if I go and get his number? I mean, we have ran into him twice in a 4 day period in a city as large as LA. As I encouraged him to go find Dan, Dan was on the other side of the store looking for us, for the same reason.

I don’t believe that it is coincidence when we meet people.

I don’t know what Dan and Kenny will do for our lives, or what we may do for theirs, but I do know that there was a prompting and a reason that we had a second encounter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.