Monday, March 11, 2013

Target.

Some days you are just a target.

When it comes to cars, I have never purchased something nice and luxurious until I purchased my Infiniti back in 2011. As with any new item, toy, or article of clothing, one does not want anything to happen to it and they become extra careful of how they treat it and in conjunction, try to make sure others are respectable in how they treat it as well. As soon as I drove off of that car lot I should have known I was driving a target… that would be hit, dinged, and smashed in every way possible.

June 2011- Three months after purchasing the car and two days before I left to the UK for vacation, a truck hit me going 65-75 mph while we were merging on to a freeway that was dead stop traffic. $14,000 worth of damage.

November 2011- A young girl with no insurance rear-ended me on Sunset blvd as she was texting and driving. $400.00 worth of damage.

January 2012- Valet attendants at the Marriot for a friend’s wedding decided they would make friends with my car and a white pole causing a large scratch and dent to the passenger-side bumper. $600 worth of damage.

March 2013… which brings me to this weekend. On Friday while driving along on my sweet merry way, a semi- truck driver for a large grocery store, was making a double right turn. I was on the inner right lane while he was on the outer left lane. He was not able to successfully make the turn while in his lane and therefore needed to occupy mine… with me IN it. Stevo looked over at me and immediately yelled, “TRUCK,” in perfect time for the large front wheel of the semi to collide with my passenger door.

Blessed. That is all I can say. Things could have been a lot worse and we were unbelievably blessed to have the damage, although bad, not nearly as horrible as it could have been. I could sit and be upset about the damage to my car but then I would be missing the greater picture of both mine and Stevo's safety. My car is drivable, no one is hurt, no glass is shattered, no fluids are leaking. I am not quite sure how much the damage is but I am going to assume it is somewhere around $5,000.00.

My lease on the car cannot be over fast enough. Although I must say that for an accident, the Infiniti holds up amazing. I hate having that first-hand experience to know that information but it is good to know that I can trust the vehicle I am driving to uphold a bad accident, a minor accident, and some dings, all the while keeping me and my passengers safe. I am not sure I will ever drive another vehicle, especially when I have children, knowing the safety and the quality of cars that Infiniti makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.