Saturday, September 1, 2012

September.

I have high hopes for you mighty September! August was definitely not my favorite month, especially the week of the 21st when my car was keyed by a shopping cart, I got a $68.00 parking ticket, and found out I owed $639.00 for a $15 fix-it-ticket I forgot to take care of on time (all in the span of 3 days). Most people would have thrown in the towel and as tempting as it would have been I thought to myself, "bring on these trials!"

September on the other hand, I feel we are going to get along very well and you are starting with a four day weekend! Today I started out my morning with a massage, it was 60 minutes of pure bliss and then went to the Huntington Library in Pasadena and the gardens were absolutely beautiful. I rarely find gardens as serene as those in Europe but this one was a close second! Next weekend I am shooting a wedding, the 13th I turn the big three oh (frightening), and my birthday party is on the 15th... carnival style.

I have to say, I thought I would be in a much different place at thirty years old, I think everyone feels that way when they reach a milestone birthday. I cannot say I regret the way my journey has taken me it was just perhaps not the exact path I would have chosen for myself. I bought a book today and I am going to start it on my birthday. It is called, One Good Deed a Day. Each day has a deed, for example, "Forgive someone, Volunteer, Return all of the items you take into the dressing room to their original spots instead of leaving them in the dressing room." I plan on making a commitment to do one good deed a day (at least) throughout this next year and who knows, perhaps one of my good deeds will be just for you :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.