Friday, August 31, 2012

Blessings.

I get emailed these little daily gems every now and then, depending on whether or not the automatic system decides to email me, and today there were a multitude of snippets from different church talks that really hit home.  One in particular is a talked called, "An High Priest of Good Things to Come," by Elder Holland.

My declaration is that this is precisely what the gospel of Jesus Christ offers us, especially in times of need. There is help. There is happiness. There really is light at the end of the tunnel. It is the Light of the World, the Bright and Morning Star, the “light that is endless, that can never be darkened.” 3 It is the very Son of God Himself. In loving praise far beyond Romeo’s reach, we say, “What light through yonder window breaks?” It is the return of hope, and Jesus is the Sun. 4 To any who may be struggling to see that light and find that hope, I say: Hold on. Keep trying. God loves you. Things will improve. Christ comes to you in His “more excellent ministry” with a future of “better promises.” He is your “high priest of good things to come.”

To say I have had a lot on my mind lately would be an understatement and although I do not understand much within this life, I do have faith in the Lord that He does know the plan. There is no better way than to feel the love of the Lord than when you are on your knees praying and in the temple.  There is a peace that I cannot put to words when I am in the temple. Amongst all the chaos, questions, and doubts that I have, within the walls of the temple I find an indescribable peace. 

"Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don’t come until heaven; but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christthey come."

Everything happens when it is supposed to happen. Granted yes, we do have agency, but rest assured, the Lord will never lead you astray when you are seeking him and standing in holy places.  All promised blessings will come to you in his timing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.