Thursday, September 6, 2012

Harden My Heart.

My iTunes was on shuffle and the song 'Harden My Heart," by the rock group Quarterflash (big hit in the fabulous 80's) came on. I was singing away and I stopped for a moment to think as I said the words;

I'm gonna harden my heart, I'm gonna swallow my tears...

I immediately thought back to my scripture study this morning in 3 Nephi and how they continued to harden their hearts which kept them from accepting the truth and becoming fully converted to Christ. Although the theme of the song is clearly about a breakup of some sort, when things don't tend to go the way we have planned we are always left with agency on how we respond, do we harden our hearts or do we embrace the change? When we harden our hearts we become unteachable, never to learn from our mistakes and in essence making us subject to fall into the same pathway of mistakes somewhere in our own future. I want to be as teachable as I can, I want to learn from my mistakes so that I may grow, I want to soften my heart a little each day so that I am quick to forgive, easy to teach, and slow to anger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.