Sunday, September 23, 2012

Trials.

We were all told that we would have trials, it is not a matter of IF we will have trials, but WHEN we will have trials.  I suppose the purpose in this life is to prepare ourselves so that when those trials come around, we are not caught completely off guard. I have never really had health issues but for the past two months I can change that statement. Doctors have tried everything to figure out what is wrong with my system and why I can't eat without issues.  Although I am glad to know on paper I am fine, physically, I am not. On Thursday I underwent another procedure where I had to go under anesthesia.  The anesthesiologist joked with me that he shouldn't be seeing me for another 20 years with these problems but nonetheless, we don't choose when our trials and problems arrive, we just handle what we are dealt with.  Over a month ago I made a commitment to read my scriptures daily and I do believe that is what has gotten me through this storm I would like to call the past two months. Every whirlwind I can think of, from love life, to family, to health and work has been dished up on my plate and when the burdens of life seemed too much to handle and the thought of giving up crossed my mind, I am reminded that the only way we grow in life is to go through the refiners fire.

3 Nephi 9, "Small things are given to us first to try our faith and then if we believe, greater blessings shall come."

I know that my faith is being tried but I also know that the greatest blessing we can receive in this life is that of eternal marriage. Knowing that also lets me know that the greatest trials precede the largest blessings. I will weather this storm with obedience because I trust and know that Heavenly Father will bless me accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.