Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Unshaken.

The other day I heard a quote from Elder F. Enzio Busche, “Avoid at all cost any pessimistic, negative, or criticizing thoughts. If you cannot cut them out, they will do you harm. On the road toward salvation, let questions arise but never doubts. If something is wrong, God will give you clarity but never doubts.”

I continue to think about that quote and what it means to let questions arise, but never doubts. What is the difference between questions and doubts? When I was young I was always told I asked too many questions, however I believe that asking questions is the only way you will learn! Doubt is a sign of fear and fear and faith cannot coexist.

Jacob had an experience where a man hoped to shake him from the faith. A conversation took place that could have allowed doubt to creep into his heart, but it didn’t. Two verses help us to understand the reason why. “And he had hope to shake me from the faith, notwithstanding the many revelations and the many things which I had seen concerning these things; for I truly had seen angels, and they had ministered unto me. And also, I had heard the voice of the Lord speaking unto me in very word, from time to time; wherefore, I could not be shaken.” (Jacob 7:5)

If we expect to learn from the Lord, we have to remember the moments when we have heard the voice of the Lord. We ALL hear the voice of the Lord, it is up to us however, to identify how he speaks to us. What does the whispering of the Spirit feel like in your heart? When are the moments when you remember experiencing that whisper? Were you in a sacred place? To avoid doubt and to remain unshaken, we have to remember the moments when the Lord has spoken to us, from time to time, and to acknowledge and express gratitude for those moments and then remember what we have learned.

Listen for His voice, and let His spirit pour over you until you become unshaken.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.