Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Once a Week.

Since I have been endowed, February 11, I have gone to the temple.

I make it a point to go each week because I feel it is important in my life, to spend time serving others, as well as having intimate time with my Heavenly Father to ask and answer questions. It seems at the current moment I have a lot of things on my mind. My lease is about to be up and I am contemplating where to move, what to do, and all that wonderful stuff. What's awesome about my temple experiences, well one of the awesome things, is that I have been able to take through family names. I have done a lot of family history work and it has been such a blessing to be able to experience this time with those that I love. In the celestial room of the temple, you can ask any questions that you have, whereas outside the temple, you don't talk about things that happen inside the temple, not that it is secret, just sacred.

At any rate, I asked a question to a temple worker and she directed me to the temple presidency office, where I walked in and met with Brother Woodward, the recorder. I had full intentions of meeting with either the temple president or one of his counselors, but I know now that I was intended to speak to this man. We went into a back room and he asked me my question. I asked, he answered. He then asked where I was from, I told him I lived in LA but was baptized in Orange County. He told me he felt impressed to share a story with me. He told me how his great great grandmother met a young man when she was 17 who was a member of the church, and she wanted to get baptized. Her parents told her that if she got baptized, she would not longer be recognized as a part of the family. She was baptized and because of her, over 10,000 people are members of the church.

He and I both teared up as we sat in silence.

I told him that my family wasn't very keen on me being a member and that things had been rough since I had been endowed. He looked at me and smiled and said, "I could sense that."

We both sat in tears as he told me how wonderful of a thing that I was doing and to not give up or let the feelings of others stop me from being the member I am.

I hadn't planned about talking about my family, nor did that have anything to do with my question. Sometimes you hear just the right things at just the right time. I truly do believe that Heavenly Father sends the right people at the right time to share words of encouragement or comfort that we need to hear.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I am so happy you are going to the temple so often. When I was there I made it a point to go each week for baptisms (that was my limit then). I wish we had easier access to temples where we live now. Continue your faith and dilligence dear.

    ReplyDelete

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.