Monday, April 2, 2012

Hasta Luego Spain (Sent March 19, 2012).

"See you later" Spain.

Today was my last day of vacation and last day in San Sebastian. I don't think I went into much detail about where I am staying but I am staying in this apartment/type building that the woman who owns the hostel I had originally booked but ended up being full, put me up in. Her name is Suzana, very nice woman that does not speak ANY English. I thank my lucky stars for the Spanish I took in high school and college, it is horrible, but good enough to get by under these circumstances. Suzana came by this morning to collect money, when she came we walked to the bank and she ended up only charging me 70 euros, about $85 for three nights, for my own room, not too shabby! After grabbing money she asked if she could treat me to coffee, I asked if we could get tea. We walked to this very cute little breakfast place and had tea. She told me that she was from Argentina, had come here on vacation and fell in love with the city, as well as a man from here! They ended up getting married and she has a 15-year-old son. She informed me not to worry, she was 35 when she got married, and I still have a chance! I am so grateful for her optimism :)

After tea, the two of us parted ways. I thanked her for everything and she gave me a kiss on each cheek. They are not French, they do no speak French, but San Sebastian is so close to the French border that they have apparently adapted that sign of hello and goodbye. I walked into the city and decided to do some shopping, it would be my last hurrah! It was mainly window shopping because although San Sebastian has the most amout of shopping I have seen thus far on my trip, the prices are nothing cheap! I bought some cute jeans and a shirt from this boutique, then headed towards the beach to have a sandwich and people watch. I have become quite accustomed to jamon y queso sandwiches, or ham and cheese. I went back to the hostel to put my stuff down, and pack a little bit and then head out again around 4pm when everything opens back up.

I was on a mission to get a few last presents and souvenirs, a present for my sister-in-law, for her BIG 30th birthday in 10 days! I scored this amazing present for her and I can't wait to give it to her! I also found this local designer that sold really cool t-shirts, so I picked up a few, and then headed over to the beach to watch the sunset. As I walked back to the hostel, I grabbed dinner, another jamon y queso sandwich, and found one last shop that was crowded with people! I found this really cute blouse, and with that I decided I was spent! I have to be at the bus stop tomorrow at 6:30 am, for my flight that leaves at 9 am. Tomorrow is going to be an 18 hour travel day and guess what?! I have work on Wednesday morning!

Thank you all for being a part of my adventure. This trip was my 30th birthday present to myself, even though I still have almost 6 months until I am 30. My mother asked if this was my favorite trip thus far and you know, that is really hard to answer. Every place I visit, I have truly enjoyed. This vacation has been amazing, I have been greeted with wonderful hospitality, great new friends, and amazing sights! It is so amazing to see the blessings of what the Lord has created for us; nature is absolutely stunning. I look forward to planning my next trip but for now, it is back to America and to work.
San Sebastian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.