Monday, April 2, 2012

Dali and Picasso (Sent March 13, 2012).

Today was my museum day! I woke up and took a train to Figueres, a town about 2 hours away to visit the home of Salvador Dali. If I could describe this town to you, I would have to compare it to something along the lines of a Mexican city. The city itself looked to be somewhat poor and it's obvious the only reason it is visited is because of Dali. There were cute little outdoor markets with fruit and meat and signs pointing everywhere for the Dali museum. When I arrived it was quite crowded, even for 10 am. After to being to the Louvre and many other museums, this was probably the most intriguing and interesting. Dali had a brilliant or crazy mind, whichever you would like to believe. HIs artwork is beyond outside of the box and makes you smile just trying to imagine how he constructed his masterpieces. There was this one room replica of his in the museum. The chair was a set of lips, the coffee table was a nose, the curtains were hair. I will include a picture so you can see how awesome this view was. I bought some prints and I may give one to my brother, if I still love him when I get home :)

After browsing throughout the city, I decided to make my way back to Barcelona to view the Picasso museum. You would have thought I was on a wild scavenger hunt, I couldn't find this museum for the life of me. I am proud of myself, I even had two very successful conversations, in Spanish, with fellow pedestrians, trying to locate this museum. I finally found it down a tiny side street and waited in quite a long line to enter the museum. Once inside I whipped out my camera, like usual, to capture some images when two guards came up to me and told me no pictures. I was astounded. I have been in the Louvre, which has the Mona Lisa and pictures were allowed. There wasn't even any of Picasso's famous paintings in this museum, I am pretty sure they are all in Chicago and New York. Nonetheless, I browsed through all the rooms and made my way out of the museum and back towards the city center. I walked up Las Ramblas, walked through this amazing fresh produce market, searched for some awesome shopping, but alas, nothing. I just got back from dinner with some people at the hostel. By the way, this hostel is amazing! Best hostel I have ever stayed out!!

We decided to walk up the street to this places called, Tapas, Tapas, that was recommended by some people. The three of us, one girl from Boston and one guy from Canada walked over. It was 40 euros for horrible tapas! The guy ended up paying for all of us, which was nice and then we headed to get waffles with ice cream! Apparently this is something popular here, it was so amazing. I am in chocolate overload right now and I will be purchasing new clothes since mine won't fit anymore and so that I don't have to be naked the remainder of the trip :)
Dali
Dahli 1
Dali 2
Dahli 3
Dali house


Portrait of Picasso by Dali
print I bought
Picasso by Picasso
picasso

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.