Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Stephen Kellogg.

I have seen many musicians.

I have listened to many songs.


But there is something about this man that just makes you smile as soon as he opens his mouth up to sing. Much like all the music I have found, I can’t recall how I stumbled upon this gem.  I remember the first time I saw them at the Troubadour in 2009, they had filled the venue and put on one of the most entertaining shows I had ever seen. As I watched Stephen perform, it dawned on me that somewhere along the lines, singer/songwriters have forgotten to put emotion into their songs.  In my opinion, singer/songwriters greatest focus is on their lyrics. As with most pop/rock singers, their focus is more on whatever beat makes your booty shake or can be a number one billboard placer.  When Stephen Kellogg steps on that stage, it is as if you are watching him re-enact each of the stories he is telling within his lyrics. There is passion, there is emotion, and there is soul.

 

He came to the Hotel CafĂ© and put on yet another great show.  Although he recently went solo, formerly known as Stephen Kellogg and the Sixers, or shall I say, he went back to being solo, since he had begun a solo career long before the Sixers were attached, his set was solid. Such an amazing stage presence, engaging the audience with his undeniable talent and originality. Not only is he talented musically, he is such a humble and sincere person.  Watch this TED talk that he recently recorded to get a glimpse at this talented and extremely amazing individual.

 

http://www.youtube.com/embed/xYdTkfJ5zhU

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.