Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Screening.

The majority of LA can be split into two types of people; those that are famous and those that want to be famous. Those that want to be famous stop at nothing, including embarrassing others, to get there. 

Last night Stevo and I were invited to what we thought was the premier of the Great Gatsby. We were meeting my friend Heather who had the tickets and got all dressed up and made our way to the Archlight theater in Hollywood. I suppose any of us could have googled when the actual premier was to know that this was just a screening, but none of us had. Prior to moving to LA I didn't know the difference so I'll briefly explain. The screening is simply a screening of a movie before the release date. The premier means seeing the movie for the first time with all the stars that were in it.

Like all things, nothing is official until you place it on Facebook. (Sarcasm) I had made a post that Stevo and I were at the premier of the Great Gatsby. This of course was prior to knowing it wasn't. Stevo has this aquaintance I'd say that spends every waking hour trying to figure out where the next star sighting will be and how she can get her picture next to them. While going to the "premier" he had mentioned how she would probably really like Heather. We got there, took a picture, and began to wait. After a few hours we learned it was just a screening but at that point I had already posted it on Facebook and wasnt going to change my verbiage on the post. 

Low and behold deer sweet spirit of this friend who found it necessary to simply post 'screening' on the picture. No other comment. No other words. Just a sly way of saying, "I am better than you I stalk all the celebrities and I know you're not at a premier." Ok, maybe she didn't SAY that but she didn't have to. Her jerk move said it all. 

I woke up this morning to that comment and it really got under my skin. Why? Who knows. It's not like she's anyone to be jealous of and heck, if I took a picture next to every famous person I met I'm sure I could have an album on Facebook dedicated to them as well, but that's not my life. I had to ask myself why I really cared about this girl, her opinion, and her comment. I suppose I just don't understand why people say or do things that are irrelevant and pointless. Something I may never understand but I sure as heck can control how I respond and how I let them affect me. All that aside, the SCREENING was great. Go see the Great Gatsby, you'll relive your dreaded high school days when you were forced to read the large book and can swoon over the great performances of Toby Maguire, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Carey Mulligan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.