Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Pizza.

I hate to talk about Stephen Kellogg two days in a row, but he made a great quote in his Ted talk (I posted it yesterday) that I thought was relevant to my story.

"Sex is like pizza, even when it's bad it's still good." Okay, I know that's not the most modest statement that I could write about but it gets you thinking. Most people would say that pizza is pizza it's good no matter where you get it from. Last night, like every night of my life I came to the question of, "what is for dinner tonight?" As I weighed the options, what I was hungry for, was I willing to go drive, find a place to park, pay to park, wait to sit down, and then drive back to my apartment? Or did I want to sit in the confines of my own home and order pizza? 

Pizza. Who doesn't love pizza? Now that I had decided what I wanted the next question was where did I want it from. They're not that many good places to eat pizza in Los Angeles which is surprisingly sad. I wasn't feeling like the average $5 Little Caesars, or perhaps the $10 Domino's, I wanted something more. While going through different pizza places on yelp, I came across Mulberry pizza. I had it once before and remembered that it was good little did I know the price was astronomical. $30 for a pizza. Was it worth it? My mind started thinking of every single mathematical equation that I possibly could come to terms with...was it worth it to pay $30 for pizza would it be the same as if I were to go out to eat pay for a meal, tip a waitress, would the convenience of staying in my own house and having an amazing pizza worth it? 

The answer my friends is yes ... capital Y-E-S. First off, the pizza arrived in a box that was bigger than my studio apartment. Okay, that may be a bit of a fabrication but the box was large. Imagine a normal large pizza from Domino's or Papa John's and double it. The quality of this pizza was by far the best I've ever had. Was it worth the $30? Indeed. Every single penny.

It then became a question in my mind, I should be on a quest to find the best possible pizza throughout Los Angeles. 

1 comment:

  1. Next time we are taking a pic and instagraming that massive pizza.

    ReplyDelete

Oooh yes, please give me your opinion!

My world... my thoughts

I can't apologize if you don't like what you read I can only apologize that you stumbled on my page.